We will not, however, intentionally share the email address provided to us during registration with other users, or other third parties as a means of protecting your privacy.
Overview of this policy:
- What General Information do we collect?
- What Personal Information do we collect?
- Why do we collect your Personal Information?
- To whom do we disclose your Personal Information?
- Where do we store your Personal Information?
- How may you obtain access to your Personal Information?
- Privacy and our Website
- Where to Address Concerns
What General Information do we collect?
Users of MCT may supply general information by using the service to create and edit cycling routes in the library database. Information includes summaries and descriptions of routes, mapping information and uploaded images. Users may also post comments on various bulletin boards.
This information is collectively referred to as General Information, and is shared openly with other users of the service with a reference to the User Name that the user created upon.
What Personal Information do we collect?
Canadian privacy legislation defines “Personal Information” broadly as information about an identifiable individual or as information that allows an individual to be identified. For the purposes of this policy, Personal Information means information about an identifiable individual as defined from time to time in applicable privacy legislation. Generally speaking, Personal Information does not include what is considered business contact information: your name, title or position, business address, telephone number, facsimile number, or e-mail address. The types of Personal Information that MCT may collect about you includes your personal email address and other information incidental to providing our services.
Why do we collect your Personal Information?
In general, MCT collects, uses and discloses Personal Information about our clients and service providers in order to provide our customers with information. More specifically, we collect, use and disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To establish and manage customer relationships and provide notifications to you. This may include the sharing of Personal Information by and between MCT personnel and affiliated companies and partnerships for such purposes.
- To share Personal Information to and from third parties for the purpose of providing information about products and services. Such third parties may include other vendors of services and products.
- To consider whether MCT should establish a commercial relationship with customers, suppliers and other third parties.
- To understand and respond to client, supplier and other third party needs and preferences, including to contact and communicate with such parties and to conduct surveys, research and evaluations.
- To develop, enhance, market, sell or otherwise provide MCT's products and services.
- To market, sell or otherwise provide products and services of third parties with whom MCT has a commercial relationship.
- To distribute information to individuals on our mail and e-mail lists, including via third party mailing houses and e-mail service providers.
- To develop and manage our databases.
- To develop and manage MCT's business and operations.
- To detect and protect MCT and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with MCT’s policies and contractual obligations.
- To engage in business transactions, including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving MCT.
- As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions.
- For any other purpose to which you consent.
To whom do we disclose your Personal Information?
From time to time, MCT may disclose your Personal Information to:
- Service providers, including an organization or individual retained by MCT to perform functions on its behalf, such as marketing, data processing, document management and office services.
- A person who, in the reasonable judgment of MCT, is providing or seeking the information as your agent
- Any third party or parties, where you consent to such disclosure or where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
- Organizations related to law enforcement.
Where do we store your Personal Information?
Your Personal Information is stored on servers may controlled by MCT or by third party service providers, located either at our offices or at the offices of our service providers.
How may you obtain access to your Personal Information?
Upon your written request, subject to certain exceptions, MCT will inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information and will give you access to that information. Access requests should be sent to email@example.com.
Privacy and our Website
- Online Communications – In order to provide our website visitors with a service or information, visitors may voluntarily submit Personal Information to us for purposes such as asking a question, obtaining information, reviewing or downloading a publication, participating in a seminar or other event, and participating in contests and surveys. If you are known to MCT as a registered user of an online service, we may combine and store Personal Information about your use of our website and the online information you have provided with certain other online and offline information we may have collected.
- E-Mail Communications - We may send new site information, marketing or promotional e-mail communications to you with information that may be useful, including information about the services of MCT and other third parties with whom we have a relationship. We will include instructions on how to unsubscribe and inform us of preferences if you decide you do not want to receive any future marketing or promotional e-mails from MCT.
- Links - Our website may contain links to other websites which are provided as a convenience only. Visitors are advised that other third party websites may have different privacy policies and practices than MCT, and MCT has no responsibility for such third party websites.
Where to Address Concerns
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated December 2012